Program: Design a Commercial Model and a Business Strengthening Model for Small Producers and Social Enterprises in Mexico
- Grantee Location: Mexico City
- Focus Area: Economic Development
- Geographic Focus: Oaxaca, Jalisco, Chiapas, Puebla, Tlaxcala, DF, Querétaro, Tabasco
- Amount: $25,000 USD each grantee
- Partners: Fundación del Empresariado en México, AC & Fundación Walmart de México and the Ministry of Economy have made contributions to the project.
Statement of Purpose
This project serves to promote the commercialization skills of small producers by providing business training, assisting in community organization, and fostering local leadership. Commercialization is most often the bottleneck for economic development projects in Mexico. The USMF, Fundación Wal-Mart, and Fundemex identified small producers in marginalized communities and oversee their progress over the course of one to two years.